New Year, New Nothing Else








Ringing in 2019 went... poorly. Grayson and I were sort of new to Atlanta (Grayson hadn't started his full time job yet and I was hanging on by a thread with stress) so we went out to dinner with people who I knew a long time ago. Probably not that long ago, but it felt ... off. Without getting into too much detail, I liked the sound of a big group going out to dinner in midtown in the middle of the excitement of the city. But I quickly realized it wasn't right and it caused a very strange rift between me and Grayson. Long story short - we Ubered home from the restaurant and went back to Grayson's apartment. Because Grayson didn't have cable, we just watched Parks and Rec, realized it was the new year, and fell asleep.

The good in this is two fold - I, determined to start 2019 off right, came home from work Jan. 1 with Prosecco and a New Year's Balloon so we could ring in January 2 (good thing #1 - new tradition with GB), and it made me totally change how I approached going into 2020.

I will also say that I started 2019 with a million goals (one concert a month, try a new restaurant every month, read two books a month, start a gratitude journal, cook a new recipe every month, three glasses of water every day - the list goes on and is NAUSEATING). The first several blog posts alone were a "resolution" to post five pictures every day. I had the misconception that all of these things would add up to me finally being truly happy in Atlanta. But it burned me out bad. And I was really only doing those things to make sure that there was no dead time or "in between time" for me to think about how I wasn't happy.

So 2019 ended up being the year of unlearning "supposed to" mentality.

Thus, New Year's Eve this year meant dinner with one other couple, leaning into what we are - major homebodies, and ringing in the new year (with cable this time! big for me - a TV person!) just Grayson and me with Prosecco and Cookie cake. And, of course ringing in January 2, too, now that it's a tradition.

However, I do like blogging, writing, and looking back at pictures of just every day! So, I will be posting some as I feel like it.

_______________________________________________________

1. Dinner at Superica with Ashley and David! And, the best margarita of my life (the Matador).

2. The one minute countdown started and we were like "crap!" so here is Grayson quickly pouring the Prosecco.

3. Keeping and eye on the clock -we made it!

Comments

Popular Posts